**PREORDER NOW** Expected delivery by December 10, 2023!
The teacher who is equipped with strong classroom management skills and instructional mastery is able to create lasting academic, social, and school impact.
When we define classroom management as the actions teachers take to establish and maintain accountable environments that foster both academic and social and emotional resilience, we see “accountability” through a different lens. The goal of classroom management is not compliance, but rather the art of building relationships with each student, no matter the background of the teacher or the student.
Ultimately, sound and safe classroom management promotes personal and whole-class well-being, responsibility, and achievement. Every single person in a school deserves to feel safe, feel valuable, and know deep inside them that they truly belong there.
This guide includes the following skills and applications that both teachers and students will acquire:
- How to build community understanding using common vernacular to create community expectations and norms for your classroom
- How to hold one another accountable to those community-built expectations with clear & kind restorative practices
- Skills and strategies for the development of student voice
- Understanding the stress-response cycle for self and students
- How to guide an emotionally activated student
- How to guide an emotionally activated class
- Use of a guided affective inquiry funnel
- Teachers leading from regulated response skills
- Setting up check-ins
- Restorative practices to guide SEL
- Restorative practices to build community
- Empathetic Discipline in place to repair harm
- Empathetic Discipline when students or teachers are out of integrity
- Accountable Consequences designed to change behavior
- Empathetic re-welcoming when harm has been repaired and relationships are being restored.
- Classroom values
- Personal values
- Harm (intentional and unintentional)
- Compassionate Inquiry when students are stuck
- Social awareness
- Relationship skills
85 page, spiral bound book, available for order NOW!
Written by Ginger Lewman and Rebecca Lewis-Pankratz